Associate Photographer Position Available
As it is only me shooting weddings for White Tulip, and the majority of the time I have many enquiries for the same date, I have decided to take on an Associate Photographer under the White Tulip Photography banner. For example, for the wedding date of 10th November 2012, I received 15 qualified leads. As good as I am at multi-tasking, I can't be in 15 places at once :) I'm looking for someone who is willing to volunteer their time for the rest of my weddings in 2012 (or as many as they can come to). I will train you up to shoot in my style: predominantly photojournalistic and candid, with romantic and relaxed portraits. You will be the second shooter, or assistant, depending on the day. Preferably the chosen person will have some of the following characteristics/requirements:
- have not photographed weddings before, or just a handful - I am interested in training someone in my style as this is what clients expect when they book a photographer through White Tulip.
- perhaps be a photography student or someone interested in being part of a small, boutique photography studio
- have a good eye for composition and capturing important moments
- be a 'people' person - not necessarily an extrovert or socialite, but someone who is interested in people and what makes them tick
- be creative, a dreamer, a romantic, love artistic forms of expression
- be willing to put in the hard yards this year and love the learning process...it will pay off when you photograph your own weddings next year!
- ability to be ninja-like when required! (this skill is grossly underrated ha) But seriously, be prepared to be unobtrusive and quiet working in the background to capture the candid moments at weddings...the day is not about us.
- passionate about not only photography, but family, friendship and love
You should have a basic knowledge of cameras and photography as a minimum, but you do not need your own equipment until down the track. Of course if you do have some, it is a bonus! Although it is a volunteer position for the rest of the year, you will learn a great deal and I am happy to reflect on your images with you after weddings and offer guidance and mentorship.
If you think you fit the bill, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com describing why you would love to be a part of the (tiny) team here at White Tulip :) Make your cover letter stand out and make sure your personality shines through. I want to hear all about you!